[mythtv-users] Quiet HDs?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:56:47 EST 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 06:28, Bertrand wrote:
> Any opinions on hard drives? Reviews seem to be all over the place
> results wise.
> I was looking at these two:
> Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s
> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16822144701
> Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831AS 300GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822148064

Heat & Noise for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 line

Heat & Noise for the WD2500KS

I've had excellent luck with my WD3200JB
as far as reliability, I'm currently running 4 of them in two different
The Seagates are great drives as well, have a 5 year warranty, which is great
if you plan on keeping them in heavy use that long.