[mythtv-users] Converting shows to PDA suitable format

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 27 12:41:47 EST 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 11:43:49AM +1000, ffrr wrote:
> Jeff volckaert wrote:
> >I use Virtualdub under windows.  That way I can cut the commercials by
> >hand.
>
> What's Windows?   Just kidding :-)  but I haven't used that operating
> system for years !

VirtualDub works under Wine, too.  So do Avisynth and DVD2AVI, and I think I
figured out a configuration to get TMPGEnc working.  With those, I can work
with MPEG-2 files with the same tools I've been using under Windows.

ffdshow kinda-sorta works (as a VfW codec, it works well enough to edit/view
MPEG-4 in VirtualDub, but I think Wine's DirectShow support is still mostly
lacking).

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter