[mythtv-users] Modifying the D1 Home Media Centre to use a tv_grab script

mythicalbeast at ralphdavis.info mythicalbeast at ralphdavis.info
Sat Nov 26 23:33:32 EST 2005

At 08:52 27/11/2005, William Uther wrote:

>    - When you do look at the D1 version of mythfilldatabase, it
>might also help to look at this script: http://
>www.onlinetractorparts.com.au/rohbags/xmltvau/ .  That script takes
>data from D1 and generates XMLTV data, allowing normal myth users to
>use the XMLTV data.  You want to do the reverse, get normal XMLTV
>data into D1 format.  It might give you insight into how D1 store
>their data and help you add normal XMLTV input back into your HMC.
>Or it might not :)

Thanks Will, for that and the other info - I believe it is in fact
rohbags' tv_grab_au script that is currently being distributed with
KnoppMyth. It strikes me that it will now need to be modified, since
it will no longer be able to scrape any PayTV data from D1. (I am
Bcc-ing both you and rohbags in on this post, jic he's not aware of this yet).

>    - Myth is GPL.  You should be able to get the source to the D1
>version of mythfilldatabase and have a look at it.  Once you have
>this, figuring out how to switch xmltv input back on should be
>relatively easy.  Note, I use the term "relative" in the sense of "it
>will be easier with source than without source".  Depending on your
>mAd haxor skillz, and how much D1 changed mythfilldb, that might not
>be easy in any absolute sense.  But, at least you'd know you're
>working with the right version of mythfilldb, which uses the correct
>database schema, etc.

I believe the source code is on the HMC, which I think the GPL
licence says it's supposed to be? Unfortunately I have no hacker
skills, mad or otherwise!

I have posted your suggestions to the HMC forum at
www.dumbmonkey.atomhosting.info/hmc in the fervent hope that others
who aren't such newbies as myself may be able to use them for the
benefit of all!

Cheers,
Ralph.