[mythtv-users] Converting shows to PDA suitable format

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Sat Nov 26 17:47:58 EST 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 09:38 am, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> On 11/26/05, Nathan Allen Stratton <nathan at robotics.net> wrote:
> > What player are you using on your 650? Have you been able to stream
> > anything to your treo using mythstream?
>
> Not the original poster, but I've transcoded a few shows to the 650 for
> playback with TCPMP
> <http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about>, which works quite well with Xvid or avi
> files, as well as mp3s.

Yeah this is the same player I'm using on my Treo.  I haven't tried
mythstream though. I don't think that player has the ability to pick
up a stream via TCPIP.  Even if it did, my only internet access on
that phone is through SprintPCS's vision plan which has really low
data bandwidth (think dialup).  It'd be a cool hack though.  Perhaps I
could get it working over bluetooth...

Paul