[mythtv-users] 2 Cards one remote - but wrong one!

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Nov 26 00:33:05 EST 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

> I mentioned in another msg that I have an HD3000 and a PVR-250.  While
> my 250 remote worked fine before in myth, it doesn' t now that I added
> the HD3000.
>
> It works fine outside of myth using irw:  the button presses are
> indicated on the commandline correctly. But, I don't know why they
> don't work inside of mythtv. I suppose it is because of HD3000 took
> over the /dev/video0 and the PVR-250 was relinquished to video1.
> Is that what it could be?
>
> Can you have multiple remotes operating on the different cards? I
> don't see how that would work inside of myth.
>
> Maybe you can only assign one card for livetv? If so, how?
>
> thanks for any pointers!

I'm not sure of your issue specifically, but to answer your questions
about remotes, the remote has nothing to do with the card specifically.
Your PVR-250 capture card is really 2 devices to Myth, a video device
(/dev/video(0|1)) and an LIRC device (the IR receiver part).  As long as
LIRC is able to communicate with the remote it should work.  That being
said, double check your ~/.mythtv/lircrc file which is the one that
MythTV uses if you are set up for native LIRC support.  It could be, for
whatever reason, that you have your ~/.lircrc file which LIRC by default
uses set up right, but are missing the entries in ~/.mythtv/lircrc which
Myth uses.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net