[mythtv-users] Where's the ESC button on the ATI Remote Wonder?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 25 23:42:30 EST 2005

Jakob Fix wrote:

>Well, title says it all.  I've been pretty amazed that this remote (I
>think it's the first generation) worked "out of the box" with Mythtv,
>but there are some functionalities which I haven't discovered yet.
>Maybe someone has a list of these buttons / functions mappings?
>
>- switch between the different audio tracks for live tv (+ on the keyboard)
>- display the menu (m on the keyboard)
>- pause (p on the keyboard)
>etc.

Buttons on the remote can be mapped to certain keys (with the driver
that ships with the kernel) or to certain strings (with LIRC).

So, if you're using LIRC, map the string "Esc" to one of your buttons.

If you're using the kernel driver, you'll have to edit the module's
source ( drivers/usb/input/ati_remote.c ) or use xmodmap to re-map a key
that is output by your remote to Esc (note that this will also affect
your real keyboard--which is a really good reason to use LIRC).

Mike