[mythtv-users] BE not recording, log snippet - any ideas?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:11:46 EST 2005

On 24/11/05, Steve Pugh <stevepugh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In your recording profiles, how many episodes have to got specified to
> keep (and record) and how many episodes do you have in your recordings
> list? What happens if you disable the jobs queue?
>
> Nick
> Hi Nick,
>
> I only had one or two episodes recorded, and the maximum to keep was six
> (for Surface, more for some other shows that were missing).  I don't have
> any transcode operations in the job queue, since I record MPEG-2 from the
> PVR cards and watch them directly on the PVR-350.  Is not having anything in
> the jobs queue the same as having it disabled?

If you have no defined jobs, I assume that getJobsInQueue just runs to
see if any new jobs have been added. The log entries that does concern
me are:

 2005-11-21 19:57:26.295 Found -1 episodes in recording profile 56
using max expiration

I don't use max episodes to control if a program is recorded, but I
would guess that the -1 entry is an error value? I would do the normal
things like check database consistency, restart the backend etc, but
hopefully a more experienced user could point out what else might be
causing this behaviour.

Nick