[mythtv-users] Userfreindly filenames of .nuv files?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 24 13:27:08 EST 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Christian Borchmann wrote:
>
>> i found and modified mythlink.pl to fit my system.
>> is there a way to seperate the date and time wit an underscore like
>> 11_22_20_15_ARD...
>>
>> I am not that good in perl to find out that myself...
>
> mythlink.pl doesn't exist anymore.  A (way too long) history:
> As of now, there is not a way to specify date/time formats in
> mythrename.pl.  I have a couple of low-priority changes I plan to make
> to mythrename.pl, so I may add that capability once I find the time
> for the other changes.

After re-reading your request, I realize that what you want can be done
with mythrename.pl.  Use the "--help" option to get a list of format
specifiers and the "--format" option to specify the format.

Basically, the section you specified above ( 11_22_20_15_ARD.. ) would
be something like:

%m_%d_%H_%i_  (I'm not sure whether the ARD is a title or something
else, so I left it off.)

Mike