[mythtv-users] MythTV demo

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:33:45 EST 2005

> On this saturday I will have to do a public demo of MythTV at the
> Linuxday 2005 event here in Trento, Italy.
> I will use a DVB card with a Linux frontend and backend and a Mac OS X
> frontend.
>
> I wish to know what version of MythTV it better that I use. All has to
> do a bit stable, because MythTV shouldn't crash in public! :-)
>
> The current SVN version has a bug on LiveTV (i sent a ticket and a
> message to dev list) that hangs Mythfrontend with a segmentation fault
> error. Will this bug be solved before Saturday?
>
> If I can't use the latest SVN, what version in the SVN it's better to
> use to make a demo of MythTV?

If you're doing a public demo I think you'd had to be nuts to use
anything other than the latest stable release - which is 0.18.1.
Despite what one of the other posters said, 0.18.1 runs very well and
there are many of us on this list running it quite happily on FC3 and
FC4, for example. The reason for that is that Jarod Wilson's guide is
the best to get a MythTV system up and running and it uses FC3 or FC4
and ATRPMs for binary RPMs.

Good luck - hope it goes well.

Regards,
Phill