[mythtv-users] Waiting for fifos... mythtranscode and nuvexport

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 23 23:04:15 EST 2005

I'm making some progress in my attempts to find out why I can't export
recordings to VCD.  In spite of claims that the problem is with ffmpeg
or yuvdenoise, I've found that the problem is actually a fault with
mythtranscode.  I tried using nuvexport as-is and have also done
'nuvexport --debug' and ran the commands individually.  For some of the
recordings the mythtranscode program is silently aborting without
writing any error messages.  For others it works fine and the export
succeeds.  According to nuvinfo the files are essentially identical in
format.  I have tried running 'mythcommflag --rebuild' on the files and
it doesn't help.  I can watch all of them on the frontend.

Is there any hidden argument that will make mythtranscode more verbose?
The --showprogress argument does *nothing* as far as I can see.

I am running 0.18.1-5 on Debian.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.