[mythtv-users] Userfreindly filenames of .nuv files?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Nov 23 02:40:31 EST 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Why I prefer symlinks instead of renaming files:
>    a) I can put the symlinks in a "clean" directory that doesn't
> contain a bunch of thumbnail files that I don't care about (all the
> .png files).
>    b) I can make multiple "views" allowing me to identify recordings
> by whatever criteria I desire (i.e. sorted by title/start time,
> title/original airdate, start time, recording group/title/start time,
> category/title/start time).
>    c) I couldn't care less what the database/myth calls the files. ;)
>
> Mike

Mike,

Do you know why the symlinks that I created with mythlink.sh don't work
when using them from a remote computer with the myth machines hard drive
connect as an NFS drive over the network? Either that or programs like
Xine can't play video files via symlinks, and gmplayer and kaffeine
won't even show symlinks in their file open dialogs?