[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth R5A26

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 22 23:02:41 EST 2005

Cecil Watson wrote:

> My humble apologies for including a SVN version in R5A22.  It was a
> mistake.  This has been rectified alnog with a few other small fixes.
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6944
> http://www.mysettopbox.tv/CHANGELOG.txt

Been wondering if I should post this or not, so I'm posting with the
hope that perhaps it's possible to "head off some problems at the
pass."  Should someone mention the
    a) danger,
    b) issues, or
    c) proper approach (including downgrading the DB Schema)
of "upgrading" from R5A22 to R5A26?  (Option c being the ideal.)  Going
from anything before R5A22 to R5A26 isn't a problem, but those users who
upgraded to R5A22 have a database version (somewhere at or after 1095)
greater than that expected by R5A26 (probably 1083) and are likely to
have problems with an upgrade to R5A26.

Mike