[mythtv-users] Re: Motorola DCT-5100

Jason Sharpe mythtv.list at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 10:35:12 EST 2005

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:14:28 -0600
> From: Jason Sharpe <mythtv.list at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Motorola DCT-5100
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> Hello!
> I am getting a Motorola DCT 5100 (
> http://broadband.motorola.com/catalog/productdetail.asp?ProductID=179)today
> from the cable company. It support HD and SD channels.
> I did confirm with them that the firewire port on the back is active and
> works (as required by law..:).
> My question is has anyone successfully set one of these up with Myth via
> firewire? I see the the DCT-6200 is supported "out of the box" and I have
> seen old posts with people asking about the 5100, but I haven't see any
> info
> on if anyone has gotten it to work.
> Ideally, I would like to capture content AND change channels via firewire,
> but that could be a far off dream.
> Thanks for any help/info you can provide..:)
> Jason

 Sweet! When they showed up they gave me a DCT-6208. (
http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp)
 Hopefully that will make life easier. It has 2 firewire ports on the back
of it. I know I am probly pushing my luck, but any idea if I can pull 2
different channels off of the different ports?
 Thanks!
 Jason