[mythtv-users] Can somebody explain how FF/REW are *supposed* to work? Is it broken with the PVR-350?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:24:29 EST 2005

On 11/20/05, Daniel Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:

> In Setup->TV Settings->Playback you can specify "Fast forward amount (in
> seconds) and "Rewind amount (in seconds)". What exactly are these
> numbers for?

These are used when you use the left/right keys. They're not really fast
forward or rewind amounts but more like skip forward and back amounts. I
have mine set to skip forward 30 secs and skip back 8 secs.
I like these keys much better than the normal ff/rw keys; just skip forward
a few times to jump passed an unmarked commercial and skip back once or
twice if you've gone too far. In fact, I hate using devices (such as dvd
players) that don't have these keys and I have to resort to normal ff/rw.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.