[mythtv-users] Re: libmyth-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at VLD fails an my Via ...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 21 06:53:42 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:00:42AM +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> >Does this imply that building w/o patching resulted in a failure, or
> >did you just try that one build. Perhaps it is unrelated, and only a
> >build w/o a patch will tell.
> >

> I don't follow...
>
> 113-5 all apply patches as part of the build. Vanilla 113 works for me,
> Vanilla 114/115 don't. All I did was to find a XVMC related difference
> between 113/114 and then remove that difference (from the patch that
> created it) in 115, creating a variant 115 binary which worked for me.
>
> I know that the vanilla 115 distro does not work for me.
> I know that my hacked 115 distro (with a couple of lines removed from
> the svn patch) does work for me.
>
> I'm assuming that rebuilding a vanilla 115 SRPM would result in a
> vanilla 115 RPM so did not bother with that build.

The difference is not only in the patches, but also in the
environment. I found out that FC's updates overwrote my libviaxvmc
lib, so the packages had no VLD support indeed.

I assume that if you simply rebuild the 115 sources you'll have
success, too.