[mythtv-users] Channel subscription?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 20 16:34:02 EST 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 03:06:09PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>>I never thought of grabbing firsts, but it sounds like an interesting
>>>way to find new things to watch.  What search syntax do you use?  The
>>>best I can come up with on short notice would be:
>>>  program.category_type='series'
>>>  AND program.previouslyshown=0
>>>  AND program.syndicatedepisodenumber REGEXP '^0*1$'
>>>  AND program.category NOT IN ('Children','Animated')
>>>The only thing that would miss is pilots.  Do they show up as a
>>>distinct category_type when they're in the schedule?
>>>

>>Custom Record (as per http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.5
>>).  One of the example SQL queries (use right and left arrows to select
>>example clauses) is for first episodes.
>>

>Must be an SVN thing.  I'm running 0.18.1-5 and it has no such example
>on my system.  It does have a "new episodes" rule but that simply looks
>for anything that's not a repeat, whereas I'm looking for series/season
>premiers.

You're right (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/customrecord.cpp?rev=6793
).  On the bright side, 0.19 /should/ be out before the new season
starts next September.  ;)  Unfortunately, you might not get notified of
some of the midseason starts...  :(

 From programs/mythfrontend/customrecord.cpp:

First Episodes (complete example for Data Direct)
program.previouslyshown = 0
AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
AND DAYOFYEAR(program.originalairdate) =
    DAYOFYEAR(program.starttime)

Mike