[mythtv-users] OT:? GeForce MX4000 and TV Out oddness

SpEnT spentboy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:31:25 EST 2005

> I'd say don't waste your time fixing it.  Most likely, you don't want to
> use an S-Video cable on the 57" TV because S-Video limits you to NTSC
> (and NTSC is almost 52-year-old technology--it turns 52 on Dec 17).
> Instead, get a more appropriate cable (VGA/DVI, depending on your TV)
> and a good modeline and never look back.  Assuming it's a 57" 720p TV,
> set it up with 1280x720 pixels.  If it's a 57" 1080p TV, set it up with
> 1920x1080 pixels.

Thanks Mike, I'm going to take this advice. I ordered a DVI-HDMI cable
yesterday so hopefully this helps. I think when I checked the TV
settings it showed it as a 1080i so I'll see if I can get the
1920x1080 resolution once I get the cable in. I'll post back with
successes/failures or future trouble shooting  :-)

Incidentally I don't suppose you have a mode line for 1080i? I used to
have a link to a site that calculated mode lines but I can't seem to
find it. If not I'll just google more. Thanks again,

--
Lonny