[mythtv-users] Script startup from mythfrontend menu

Tom th.tom at gmx.de
Sun Nov 20 10:59:17 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 20. November 2005 14:46 schrieb Michael T. Dean:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
> BTW, I should have mentioned MythStream.  It's meant for playing 'net
> radio...
>
> http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html

hey, sound good!

But this thing does not work here .. I can see and edit all the stations via
myhstreamweb, but the entries does not appear in my menu (as specified in the
INSTALL file)

libmythstream is in the plugins directory, the database is set up correctly.

The problem seems to remain: How to create new menu items ...

I added:

in library.xml

        <button>
            <type>STREAM</type>
            <text>Play Internet streams</text>
	    <text lang="DE">Internet streams abspielen</text>
            <action>PLUGIN mythstream</action>
            <depends>mythstream</depends>
        </button>

     in media_settings.xml:

        <button>
            <type>STREAM</type>
            <text>Stream settings</text>
	    <text lang="DE">Internet streams Einstellungen</text>
            <action>CONFIGPLUGIN mythstream</action>
            <depends>mythstream</depends>
        </button>

     in themes/blue/theme.xml:

        <buttondef name="STREAM">
            <image>stream.png</image>
            <offset>50,40</offset>
        </buttondef>

and restarted backend and frontend - but no new entries. Is there something
more I have to do?

PS: I use myth 18.1 on gentoo.

Tom