[mythtv-users] Script startup from mythfrontend menu

Philippe Crassous p.crassous at laposte.net
Sun Nov 20 08:36:00 EST 2005

Tom a écrit :

>Hi there,
>
>is there an easy way to add an entry to the myth-menu?
>
>E.g. I would like to hear some (internet radio) media streams. On the
>commandline I would write something like:
>
>xine -g mms://myFavoritRadioStream
>
>As an advanced feature, it would be great, to have an interface to place a
>menu entry name + shellstring to a file or the database to design e.g. a
>sub-menu. For me (as I use front- and backend on one system), it would also
>be great to start other applications out of mythtv (e.g. k3b).
>
>OK, I know this is not the develoment list, however maybe someone solved this
>problem before ...
>
>Tom

Just for the radio, you could try :
- create myradio.pls and include the xine MRL inside in your video directory
- create an association : .pls --> xine --playlist %s

I tried it and it works "sometime". I think I have a missing codec or I
messed up the mrl.

Hope this is useful

Philippe

---
Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0546-5, 20/11/2005
Analyse le : 20/11/2005 14:36:00