[mythtv-users] How do I remove an old encoder?

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:42:18 EST 2005

Originally I was going to setup two Myth boxes - a master and a slave.
However, I wasn't able to get the slave machine stablised (it had a
PVR-350 in it and was to record as well as be the primary front-end).
I finally ripped it apart and stuck the PVR-350 into my master
backend.

However, I see (at least in Myth Web) that I have 3 encoders listed:
* Encoder 1 is local on media and is not recording.
* Encoder 2 is remote on greatroom (currently not connected).   <== GONE!
* Encoder 3 is local on media and is not recording.
(Ironically, Encoder 2 and 3 are the same PVR-350 card.)

Myth also knows about two hosts (media and greatroom). "greatroom" is
gone, of course.

What's the cure? Database patch?

Thanks!
-Rob