[mythtv-users] Lost Scheduled Recordings after channel lineup change

catfish catfish at halfdone.com
Sat Nov 19 20:58:28 EST 2005

(pvr350, fc4, usa, zap2it)
Since tring to update my channel lineup my Scheduled Recordings is gone,
can't change channels in live tv, and doesn't record my programs.

History:
Recently my cable company has changed my channel lineup (they moved SpikeTV
to another channel number, missing my StarTrek!). After realizing the change
I verified that zap2it is aware of the changes and did a few
mythfilldatabase's and noticed no change. After some searching online I
figured to run mythtv-setup and delete my channel config and reenter my
information. The channel lineup is now correct.

But after this I noted that it was no longer records programs. I was unable
to change the channel when watching tv live (OSD reports no channel info).
Looking at Upcoming Recordings reports nothing scheduled. I look at mythweb
and Recording Schedules contains all my programs but Scheduled Recordings is
blank. Clicking a Schedule shows the correct options and if I hit "Find
showings of this program" the listing is good but clicking any of these
reports no schedule for them when I would expect to see the Daily record
option.

I assume the database is screwed up but I don't know the database schema to
figure out where the issue is at. I did setup phpmyadmin and know enough sql
if anyone wants me to check anything. Any thoughts?

I've also tried running mythbackend --resched which doesn't seem to help.
I'm also not sure what this actually does, unable to find this in the docs
and mythbackend doesn't have a man page.

Was there a correct way to make this channel lineup update to not have this
issue?

Thanks.