[mythtv-users] Re: libmyth-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at VLD fails an my Via ...

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Sat Nov 19 14:42:11 EST 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 01:51:12PM +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>Well - I guess we are down to binary chopping through the SVN diffs
>>between 113 and 114 then.
>>

>Hm, the changes include cvs->svn :(
>

>>Is it simply a matter of picking up the src RPM, installing it, cutting
>>half the patches out of the file, building, testing and reiterating
>>until I find which patch broke it ?
>>

>I'd get the latest svn for the stable branch and try a local build. If
>you find that this breaks go back in time. A binary search might
>reveal the svn commit that broke it.
>
>Alternatively you could just check the current code as to why it
>breaks vld.

I've pulled HEAD out of SVN according to instructions on the myth site -
but its building 18.0 libs instaead of 18.1 and they do not seem to be
symbol-compatible with other 18.1 libs... - plus it takes my box all day
to compile - binary chopping would be a very tedious business.

How about getting hold of the 113 and 114 src RPMs, locating the file
where it all happens and diffing the two ? That's got to be the easiest
route - then I can patch 114/115 from 113 and confirm...

Only trouble is that I cannot find 113 and 114 src rpms on
dl.atrpms.net/all  - do you archived copies anywhere ?

cheers,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell