[mythtv-users] remote MythTV system has suddenly lost sound

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 18 20:51:09 EST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 11/18/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>>Heh.  You've lost your "-l".  ;)
>>

>I'm lame. I don't get it.

Your post said:

> gandalf ~ # ls -al /dev/v4l/video
> video0   video24  video32

So, you showed an "ls" with a "-l" argument, but the tab auto-completion
doesn't have the details from a long listing format, so it looks like an
"ls" without the "-l" (although without the "*" at the end of "video",
you would have gotten a "ls: video: No such file or directory", so I'm
actually stretching my joke a bit too far)...  Which means that really,
I--not you--am lame for finding it amusing.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should also admit that when Endaf
Jones posts and ends his message with "# Endaf" (i.e.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/151468#151468 ), my
brain always says, "#endaf without #af".  The really scary part is when
the other voice says, "That's not what it would say!  It would say,
'invalid preprocessing directive #Endaf' because of the capital 'E'."

Perhaps I spend too much time on computers...  To get away from
computers, I'm going to go watch some TV output by my Myth box to my new
set that contains an ATI Xilleon media processor...  Wait a minute.

Mike