[mythtv-users] automatically launching VideoLan or Windows Media Player with .NUV files?

Andrew Cheyne andrew at cheyne.ca
Fri Nov 18 14:17:10 EST 2005


Brad,

  The DSMyth filters work fine for viewing the .nuc files. The problem 
is that I cant just click on them through the Myth web interface and 
have either Windows Media Player or LanVideo play the contents. It's not 
really a MythTV issue.

   It used to be that you could configure applications to handle the 
mime types for a browser, but I cant seem to find where you set that 
anywhere. QuickTime seems to want to try and play the content from the 
.NUV file everytime.

Thanks,
Andrew

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Andrew Cheyne wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   I've just started using MythTV, and the first thing my wife wants 
>> to be able to do is play her recorded shows on the PC (WinXP) in her 
>> office. I got it to work by doing this:
>>
>> - Installed VideoLan client.
>> - Use Firefox to browse to the web server on my mythtv box, 
>> right-click on the ".nuv" link for the show I want to watch and 
>> select "Copy Link location".
>> - Open VideoLan and open the HTTP stream with the copied value.
>>
>>   That all seems to be a bit manual. Is there a way I can tell 
>> Firefox to just automatically launch VideoLan with the file stream? 
>> Or, with the appropriate filters installed, could I get Windows Media 
>> Player to do the same thing?
>>
> I use:
> http://dsmyth.sourceforge.net/
>
> Works fine.
>



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list