[mythtv-users] Re: NUV to DVD scripts for PVR-xxx owners

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Fri Nov 18 11:33:51 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:24:38AM -0500, Folashade Adeyosoye wrote:
> I have not tried it yet, but it looks nice. I guess I can use this in
> place of nuvexport.

I wrote these scripts in place of muvexport... maybe I was using it
incorrectly, but it always wanted to transcode my recordings instead of
remux them.  There's no need to transcode if the recordings are already
in MPEG-2 format.

Of course, my scripts depend on using the proper recording settings in
MythTV.  I record at 720x480.  Some standalone DVD players might have
problems with non-standard resolutions.

> I can also combine a bunch of my favorite show in windows and burn them

Yes, but I'm trying to remove that step...  I want to an end-to-end
solution in Linux.

My future mods will take a MythTV cutlist and pass it to ProjectX for
cutting.