[mythtv-users] MythBurn & mpeg2enc segfault (solved)

Mark Schuren schuren at ultra.de
Fri Nov 18 09:06:00 EST 2005

I tried different versions of PX (0.82, 0.91, 0.92, and adapted
the mythburn scripts accordingly to the changes of CLI switches)
but the problem was always the same: mplex crashed with illegal
instruction errors after PX has done its cutting/demuxing.

Finally, after long searches, downgrading mjpegtools to 1.6.2
did the trick!

1.6.3 and 1.8.0 rpms do not work on my system, e.g. the
mplex and mpeg2desc tools segfault all the time. After
downgrading to an rpm package from a former distro release
(I took the mjpegtools and libmjpegtools packages from mdk2005le
instead of those from 2006.0), the tools work flawlessly
out of the box.

I just wanted to tell about my success :-)

Mark