[mythtv-users] Nuvexport problems ffmpeg finishes immediately.

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 17:49:22 EST 2005

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> yes, I have actually read the link and the trouble tickets at nuvexport.
>> I compiled and installed the cvs of nuvexport to see if that would help.
>> Yes, I do read, search the archives and google before I send a msg.
>

> Then why didn't you run mythtranscode to see why it's not creating the
> fifo's?

I did. Doesn't show me anything even with --showprogress (I removed the
2>&1)
I assume that it's sitting there waiting for ffmpeg to pickup the audio
and video streams from the tmp dir. Does mythranscode create the audio
and video fifos in a tmp directory?
Assuming this is true, I start ffmpeg (configured from the --debug
output) and after removing -hq and -4mv (because -hq is unsupported and
-4mv is... uh... I don't remember) received this error:
"unable to find a suitable output format for '1'"
then ffmpeg exited.

I don't know much about any of these apps, so debugging is just guessing
on my part.
If vidout and audout are the pipes for mythtranscode, it looks like it
IS  creating the fifos.