[mythtv-users] Dual tuners - DVB-S and DVB-T

Dave Whitehead david.j.whitehead at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:41:58 EST 2005

A supermarket chain popular across Europe (also stores in the US I
think) is flogging a PC next week, whats interesting about it is that
they are including a TV Card that supports the following :-

--3 x Dual TV_Tuners ready--
watch a channel whilst watching another,
2 x DVB-S digital satellite reception (through dish)
2 x DVB-T digital terrestrial (through aerial)
2 x analogue TV/cable tv (through aerial / cable connection)

Info on the PC is available here :-
http://www.medion.co.uk/flash/md8800/index.html

I've got a large picture (link below) of part of the back of the PC
with the TV card and where I was expecting to see at least a couple of
cards, it looks like this is being provided through the 1 tv card.
Now this would be an excellent card to use with MythTV (if compatable)
so has anyone got any ideas what make of card it will be, I know it's
be rebadged as Medion but that don't make these cards

http://www.pcwelt.de/defaults/ShowFullSizePic.cfm?SourceIMG=/imgserver/bdb/43100/43131/original.jpg

Dave