[mythtv-users] Ditch FC4 for Linux?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Nov 16 23:19:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:49:54 -0800, Leigh Saunderson
<lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Can you elaborate on what the problem is please ?

No connection. Laggy performance (like the mouse jerks or stalls) that
goes away

> I was running FC3 on my old work PC and I'm pretty sure the onboard LAN
> was a Via Rhine (not sure if it was II or not).
> Relevant lines from dmesg and /var/log/messages showing the detection of
> the device etc might be useful :-)

My messages is filled with eth0 stuff ('cause I've spent hours trying to
fix it). I'm not sure what to look for.

I've been using vi which I'm not really equipped (physically or
emotionally) to do. Is there another editor I can use in FC4. Something
like, say, notepad?<s>