[mythtv-users] LiveTV Broken or Bad Permissions?

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:33:57 EST 2005

I think the main reason a lot of people are using svn is the lack of a
recent release, he last release was about 9 months ago!!!! I always
stuck to the latest release version but using dvb in the uk with a
deaf housemate I was practically forced to use svn to get myth to work
properly and have subtitles. I know there was meant to be more
planning of intermediate releases (bug fix releases) however it just
simply wasnt working. IMHO I cant see a release hasnt been done a
while ago. The jumps in development are huge. I am sure a more regular
release schedule will help one of the main problems myth has which is
its stability. By regular releases more bugs will be found and can be
fixed better. I do understand that myth is a young project and that it
is still in fairly heavy development but 9 months between releases
when the svn changelog is so active just isnt right.

Paul