[mythtv-users] lirc send and receive

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Wed Nov 16 08:25:40 EST 2005

In trying to get both my PVR 350 to receive lirc and a serial transmitter to
work I managed to screw up my lirc (see several recent postings)

I've lost the URL to the site that was walking me through the required steps
for getting both functions to work (one instance of lirc). Anyone have the
link handy?

Since all the things I have tried to do to get lirc back up and receiving
correctly have failed I'd like to go back over what exactly it was that I
was doing when I rooted it. Maybe that will shed some light.

Current state of play:

1. irw returns nothing (although see point 4)

2. Myth of course doesn't respond to remote as a result.

3. mode2 spits out codes so I know that the hardware is doing something.

4. irrecord makes files but these are unreliable as all hell (incorrect
button assignments etc). They do however work to some degree.

5. Have tried all sorts of lirc.conf files posted to this list, on various
sites (mainly the lirc homesite) as well as in the ivtv and lirc directories
on my box. No joy.

Box is FC3, Jarod's guide and a PVR-350.

Ta

Marty