[mythtv-users] LiveTV Broken or Bad Permissions?

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Wed Nov 16 00:43:05 EST 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:31 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Paul V. Gratz wrote:
> >On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:03 pm, Dustin Nicholas Jenkins wrote:
> >>	I've been using the Subversion build of MythTV for the past couple of
> >>weeks now, and the 'Watch TV' (LiveTV) link hasn't worked at all (i.e.
> >>the link text flashes and does nothing, no log entry or anything).
> >
> >  LiveTV is broken (on purpose, you probably should search the mailing
> > list before posting).
> >
> >Everyone,
> >  As much fun as it is to jump on people for not searching the mailing
> > list before posting
>
> It's not so much that people should be searching the mailing list for
> this type of thing as they should be *following* (=reading /and/ caught
> up on) the -dev and -commits lists if they use SVN.  If not, they're
> simply picking a random version of Myth to use and any problems they
> have are their own fault--they're basically playing "Subversion Roulette."
>
> Mike

Yeah I understand and I agree that its a bad idea for them not to follow it.
Personally I like to stick with offical releases so I don't have to follow
that stuff relegiously. I'm just suggesting that if we really want people to
not post on here about this, make it impossible for them to use the SVN and
not know. Especially when its simple to do so.  Everyone knows that this guy
will not be the last to post on here about this.  Who does it help to nail
the next guy to the wall when he/she asks a stupid question. Its just a waste
of BW.
Paul