[mythtv-users] Re: X-Box xpad + MythGame-0.18.1 + snes9x + xmame + Gentoo + udev HOWTO

byron byron at dreamtech.org
Tue Nov 15 12:59:13 EST 2005

Thank you very much for the detailed info.  It will surely come in
handy, especially the xmame patch considering I run Gentoo also and 0.97
isn't available in Portage.

I've been successful with the wireless gamepads in both fceu and znes
outside of MythGame.  However I cannot get MythGame to display any snes
games using znes in the config.  Maybe I'll give snes9x a shot following
your instructions.

For those interested I am using this converter:
http://store.yahoo.com/midwestgames/xboxxboxtopc1.html

I liked this solution since I never really plan to have any more than 2
controllers in use at a time and both controllers only use 1 USB port.

For controllers I'm using:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2311,CONTENTID=8182

A little pricey but overall a very good controller.

Thanks again for the info Jesse.

byron