[mythtv-users] Cannot Record VCR

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:20:15 EST 2005

I have my MythTV setup on Fedora 4. I followed the excellent
instructions by Jarod. Everything is working great. I can record and
watch shows from DirecTV without any problem. I am using a PVR350 card
and am using the TV out to my TV. I have DirecTV coming out and going
into the card (using standard cable). Then I ran composite cables from
my VCR to the composite inputs on the card. But I don't know how to
set things up to read that composite input on the card to record the
VCR.

I really don't want to have to run cable out from the VCR and have to
swap the cable in on the card back and forth between the VCR and
DirecTV. I would like to find a way to read the composite inputs on
the card so I can just switch inputs in MythTV and see the VCR. But
nothing I try seems to work. I did try setting up a composite input on
the mythtv-setup but it didn't work. I don't know what device to tell
it to use.

I've tried doing some searches through the mailing list and haven't
really come up with a good answer. Maybe I'm just not doing the right
searches. I don't know. But I would appreciate any help anyone could
give me on this.