[mythtv-users] An LVM'd drive died! What do I do...

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:18:14 EST 2005

On 11/12/05, Brandon Beattie <brandon+myth at linuxis.us> wrote:
> The IO bound problems on disk writes is being worked on right now (I'm
> actually testing and debugging right now).  It will most likely be
> solved in a few days.

One of my slave backends, a P3-733 with 2xPVR-250's, mounting the
/myth directory via NFSv4, still gets this probably 1-2 times a week.

Slave <--100M ethernet--> Cisco switch <--GIG Ethernet--> NFS server

I'm 100% confident in the network gear, active writes on the NFS
server were < 5M a second at the time of IO Bound issues. I have no
way to tune the slave, more buffers, less buffers, something..  I look
foward to this fix.