[mythtv-users] Guidance on burning recordings to CD/DVD

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Nov 14 09:53:31 EST 2005

David Whyte wrote:
> On 11/14/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Can anyone give a 10,000 ft overview of what the process is for me so
>> I know I'm at least heading in the right direction? Something like,
>> for example:
>>
>> 1) Run ProjectX to demux to separate audio & video files
>> 2) Cut commercials from recording
>> 3) Run ProjectX to remux
>> 4) Convert to SVCD
>> 5) Burn to disc
>>

> Phill,
>
> I started to produce DVD's of my recordings and they have been
> brilliant so far and as you know, I am no linux pro.
>
> >From 10, 000 ft, here goes (bear in mind I only have DVB-T tuners):
> 1) Record in TS, I find this makes nuvexport and cutpoints much more accurate.
> 2) Flag the commercials manually.
> 3) Export using nuxvexport to DVD.  This happens just slower than
> realtime for me but I have a sempron 2400, which isn't too beefy.
> 4) Copy MPEG2 file to my windows laptop.
> 5) Create a project using DVDStyler, drag the movies into place, link
> buttons to titles etc.
> 6) Create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS using DVDStyler.
> 7) Burn DVD using CDBurnerXP.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. I record from my PVR 350 in mpeg2,
edit the cutpoints,
and tell mythburn to do it's thing via the web interface. 45 minutes
later I've got a nice DVD.

This is one of the things holding me back from transcoding to mpeg4.
There seem to be a lot
more steps when your recordings are in mpeg4.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net