[mythtv-users] Yet another hardware list

Jon Hoyt jonhoyt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:29:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I know these sort of requests get posted a lot, but I'm looking for
some feedback on the following list of parts to build a stand-alone
backend with.  This will be backend only and analog only, HD won't be a
factor for years to come.  I have a case, power supply and CD-ROM from
an old computer.  I'd appreciate any comments you'd care to make:
gotchas with these parts, parts I might have missed, better
alternatives, etc.   Prices are from NewEgg.  Frontend is an Xbox.

ASUS K8N-E Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$69.99
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200P0 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive
- OEM $83.00
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered
System Memory $36.95
AMD Sempron 64 2600+ Palermo 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor Model
SDA2600BXBOX - Retail $64.00
MSI MX4000-T64 Geforce MX4000 64MB DDR AGP 2X/4X Video Card - Retail
$26.00
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE PCI Interface 1042 Tuner Card - Retail
$72.00

Thanks,

Jon

--