Installing older Kernel (was: Re: [mythtv-users] ivtv-kmdl andlirc-kmdl for 2.6.14-1.1637 missing)

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Nov 13 18:15:29 EST 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 09:03:21PM +0100, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> But wouldn't a graphical frontend to either apt-get or smart be a good
> thing?

I almost always use dselect/aptitude, but I'm an advocate for Linux and
installed the synaptic front-end to apt-get when a friend of mine
complained that installing packages was too difficult using a
text-based interface.  It looks like a nice, clean interface with
minimal dependencies.  It handles mixed systems (stable+testing, etc.)
quite well.  I'll probably stick to aptitude for normal use, though, as
I like being able to do things over the network and text is so much
faster than X or VNC.