[mythtv-users] can't add Capture Card in setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 13 15:50:13 EST 2005

rat wrote:

>Dnia 11-11-2005, pią o godzinie 22:47 +0100, rat napisał(a):
>

>>	Hi
>>
>>After select my card DVB-S STV0299 (SkyStar2) and hit Finish, I got
>>again "New caoture card" and noting else.
>>
>>In terminal log is:
>>#
>>2005-11-11 22:34:52.443
>>DB Error (simpledbstorage update):
>>Query was:
>>#
>>
>>	Can We help me?
>>
>>I have gentoo with mysql-4.1.14 and mythtv-0.18.1-r1.
>>

>Mike reply me:
>And no query?
>
>but I don't get this message :( anyway I response: no query.
>
>In attach I send output from mysql table capturecard and output from
>terminal after run mythtv-setup.

By, "And no query?" I was asking for the lines that follow, "Query was:"
in the error message.

This time, by including the entire setup log, you've included the
query.  And, unfortunately, your database is completely corrupted (see
mythtv-setup.out that you included for all the failures you're getting).

Although it may be possible to fix the database, I would recommend you
make sure you have a backup (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 ) and start over
(drop the database (see http://dev.mysql.com/documentation ) and set up
the initial database again -
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2 ).  Then, start up
mythtv-setup.  Once it upgrades your database scheme, exit
mythtv-setup.  And, finally, edit a copy of the database backup from
before to do a "partial restore" (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 ).  Then, go back
into mythtv-setup and finish configuring.

Mike