[mythtv-users] No sound SD channel 7 on Nebula Card

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Sun Nov 13 15:49:31 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 09:31:41AM +0800, Gawain Osborne wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 07:57:39PM +0800, Gawain Osborne wrote:
> >

> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>I have just configured MythTV on a FC4 install and it workins fine. i have
> >>two DVB cards a DVICO and a NEBULA. Picture is pretty good on both (some
> >>breakup on HD but maybe a aerial prob or some fine tuning), but I have a
> >>problem on the Australian SD channel 7, no sound, picture is fine. The
> >>same channel in HDTV has sound. no other channels are affected. I saw
> >>something on the nebula-electronics site saying it was fixed in digitv
> >>V3.5. emailed tech support and they don't support MythTV  :(
> >>
> >>I've noticed a few forums mention the Nebula card...does anyone have a fix
> >>for this problem or anything that could help??
> >>

> >Does the problem exist with both cards or just the Nebula?
> >
> >Have you tried changing to an alternate audio track (+ key on keypad)
> >
> >Have you configured mythtv to use TS mode or PS mode.
> >

> >Stuart
> >

> Hi Stuart,
>
> Thanks for the reply. i am new to Myth and a beginner on Linux, so hers
> goes.
>
> No the dvico card is fine for all (and i'm thinking of getting aother
> one if the nebula doesn't work).

In that case we need to try and work out what is different about
that channel through the nebula so it can be fixed. The nebula is
a great card so I wouldn't throw it out just yet.

> No haven't tried to change to another audio track, will try that and see
> what happens.

For this to work you will have to have it in TS mode.

> As for the TS mode or PS i do not know what you mean, can you explain in
> gumby beginner speak :)

TS = Transport Stream. Basically makes myth work with the transmitted
stream AS-IS without doing funky stuff.

You will need to shutdown the backend, run mythtv-setup and under the
capture card settings there should be a check box to say use TS mode
(there was a thread about this in the last few days on mythtv-users)

Stuart