[mythtv-users] ATI Wonder Remote

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Sun Nov 13 14:45:19 EST 2005

Tim Litwiller wrote:

> that last answer is correct.
>

> On 11/9/05, *David Watkins* <watkinshome at gmail.com
> <mailto:watkinshome at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 09/11/05, Folashade Adeyosoye <shardayyy at gmail.com
>     <mailto:shardayyy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > What am I missing, I tried following
>     > ( http://www.litwiller.net/mythtv/remote.html) these
>     > instructions but for each button that I press on the remote, it
>     repeats 4
>     > times. For example if I hit the "3" button I get   "3333"
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > What might I be missing?
>     users mailing list
>     > mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
>     The remote will continually generate keycodes.  However lircd should
>     be able to convert these to single commands.
>
>     You could try commenting out the repeat=5 (in lircrc) line for
>     buttons
>     you don't want to repeat .  or maybe change it to repeat=0.
>
>     I think repeat=5 means that every 5th command from the remote will get
>     sent to the application.  For most keys you probably don't want a
>     repeat at all.  For those that you do (volume, skip etc) experiment
>     with different numbers.

The last answer is correct IF you're using LIRC with your ATI remote and
not the IMO much easier to use kernel driver which allows your remote to
act as a KB and mouse.  The problem he's referring to comes in kernels >
2.6.12 when using the default ATI driver.  I've looked high and low and
can't find any way to configure the repeat time when loading the
module.  If somoene knows this please let me know