[mythtv-users] Attractive cases and cheap DVD burners

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 10:33:04 EST 2005


tgate wrote:
>
> On Nov 12, 2005, at 2:41 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org 
> <mailto:mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:
>
>> I have a PVR500 and pcHDTV card on my SP13000 mb in a LC-11M.
>>
>> Very slick and very very quiet.
>>
>
> By quiet, how sensitive are you to noise?  I ask because I recently 
> bought a Ahanix D5 which is driving my girlfriend and I crazy with 
> the refrigerator noise.
>
> I've even disconnected one of the fans, and replaced the other with a 
> thermal control variety fan (which I'm not sure works).  I'm at the 
> point of looking for another alternative but I'm not yet to where I 
> want to attempt separate front and back ends.  I have 2 HD5000 cards 
> which, I think might fit, as well as a Gforce 6600 card which seems 
> like it might work with the riser.  Is the LCD functioning for you?

Any idea what's making the noise? A new 'silent' power supply might be a 
cheaper option, if the noise is indeed coming from the power supply 
(which would be my first guess).


Jules


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list