[mythtv-users] ivtv 0.5.0 released

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Nov 12 23:20:29 EST 2005

> On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:38, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
>> I was looking at the ticket mentioned earlier today about the frame
>> shift causing artifacts, and noticed that ivtv 0.5.0 was released a few
>> hours ago.
>>
>> http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/archive/0.5.x/ivtv-0.5.0.tar.gz
>>
>> It looks like quite a clean-up.
>>
>> See http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/unstable/ChangeLog for details.
>>
>> They mention that they are now compatible with the kernel V4L2 code but
>> didn't say what kernel version would be required.  A quick look on
>> www.kernel.org shows a lot of V4L1 and V4L2 patches in the 2.6.15-rc1
>> changelog so I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for 2.6.15 to go
>> stable.
>
> haha, I just built 0.4.0 for the first time for my pvr-150 not a few hours
> before 0.5.0 came out!
>
> well, time to upgrade, I haven't even had a chance to connect and tune
> this
> card to see if it all works!

Note that since this is an odd numbered release its an unstable
experimental one. Its part of the integration of IVTV into V4L2 for
eventual inclusion into the kernel. Only attempt this if you REALLY know
what you are doing and have a known working system to fall back to.

In any case, subscribe to IVTV-DEV list to know whats really happening and
so you can provide feedback to the developers if you feel competent to try
this release.

--
Robin Gilks