[mythtv-users] HDTV, DVI, 1080i problems, new card time?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:14:26 EST 2005

Hey folks, I've built my new HTPC, moved my HD3000 card over to it, got
everything compiled, etc.

So I've connected it to my Sanyo HT32744 and am trying to figure out the
modelines for it.

I've found a few lines for 720p and 480p but most of what I can find about
this TV is that it doesn't like 1080i from video cards. I don't get it, my
xbox sends it 1080i as does my HDTV cable box. I thought maybe it was the
HDMI/DVI stuff, but my HDTV box sent 1080i over the HDMI/DVI cable just fine.

so, I was wondering if anyone knows a good way for doing modeline testing
(without powerstrip/windows) or has this TV and has found a modeline for
1080i on it?

Finally, Has anyone tried some of the new nvidia cards with HDTV output? they
say they can do 1080i and from what I can tell they do it over component
cables. I thought at worst I could just buy one of these and use it. Does
anyone know how these work? Could I just set the resolution to 1080i for X
and it'll show on the HDTV via the HDTV output component cable?

thanks!
Steve