[mythtv-users] Attractive cases and cheap DVD burners

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 05:49:11 EST 2005

Well I'm almost getting the nerve to actually buy some hardware and get
a myth working. I'm still stumbling over which case I want. I've decided
it needs to be full-height (I want room for lots of cards, and I'm
worried about overheating, and anyhow there is enough space in my TV
cabinet so why not). It definitely needs to be black, because everything
else I have is black, and it has to look smart enough to 'fit in'.

I'm coming round to thinking that the nicest case out there is the
Accent HT-400 ( http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-400.htm ) since it
is full-size, well-designed, comes with built in IR hardware and an
attractive panel to mount an VFD behind. It's not cheap, though. A close
second seems to be the Ahanix D.Vine 5. I've looked at a few cases by
Silverstone and I just don't think they look as nice (subjective,
obviously). Does anyone have any really good or bad reports about any of
these cases I should take into account?

The next question I'm really uncertain about is how to choose a
dual-layer DVD burner which doesn't sound like a flock of migrating
geese (and will fit in the cases above). Any advice here?

Thanks for any help,

Jules