[mythtv-users] Transferring Shows From One Myth Box To Another Myth Box

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:49:12 EST 2005

On 12/11/05, Shawn <slum at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to transfer a show
> recorded on one myth box to another myth box whilst retaining all of the
> show's information, including database info.  Obviously a simple
> solution is to nuvexport, or to simply copy the nuv file over to the
> other machine, but I'm curious if there's an actual method.

A GUI-based method would be great (assuming space is available) but I
would have a go at the following quick and dirty hack (not guaranteed
to work though):

i) transfer the nuv file into the recordings directory on the recipient box.
ii) amend the 'recorded' table in the database, changing the
'hostname' entry for the particular recording.
iii) restart the backend (and disconnect the slave backend) and see if
this sorts it!

Nick