[mythtv-users] Force videomode for mythvideo and mythdvd

Kristian Kalweit kalweit at exorpro.de
Fri Nov 11 01:23:09 EST 2005

I use different video modes for menu and playback. There is an gui in
myths configuration menu, where you can set this modes. So menu is at my
system 800x600 and playback of recordings is 720x576 (PAL, overscan
!!!). This is a very nice combination because my video chip (epia
unichrome) has a "Noscale 720x576 overscan" mode. The playback in this
mode is very sharp and clear, because the video chip don't scale at all.

Now, I also want to switch to this overscan mode, if I start to play
something in mythvideo and mythdvd. Is there a way to force xine into a
special video mode? Or, do I have to patch myth to switch the modes
before playback, and  back when  playback ends?

Kristian.