[mythtv-users] Testing DMA with VIA chipset?

Robert Winburne rwinburne at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 19:59:54 EST 2005

Is there any way to test DMA support?  It sounds like the prob may be intermittent??

I have read that there are problems with VIA chipsets, and would like to know if I can test this out or if I should just give up before I start and get a new MB.

I just bought a cheapy MB (PCCHIPS  KT266A M811LU), built a fileserver (w/ Ubuntu 5.04), and would like to turn it into a Myth backend.  Hence, my dilemma.  Had I only known before I bought…

Any help would be appreciated.