[mythtv-users] Run Nuvexport on separate machine

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 10 17:25:37 EST 2005

> My MythBackend is a slow P3-800, but ideal for running MythTV, no so
> ideal for using NuvExport to encode my files for use on my Video iPod.
>
> Is there a way to run nuvexport from a different box, having it read the
> remote database and file share?

Why don't people TRY such things before asking these questions?  (sorry,
feels like I've heard this question a lot lately, it's starting to get
on my nerves a bit)

nuvexport is just like a remote frontend, so as long as you've
configured the one single database field (which it will tell you is
missing if it's not there) to point to the files, and have mythtv
installed on the remote box (you need mythtranscode), it runs fine.
Easiest way is to install mythtv and then run mythtv-setup to configure
the host.

HOWEVER, I've noticed that some encoders (particularly transcode)
produce slightly jumpy output when reading the files over the network.

and fyi, video ipod can play mpg files from the pvr-x50 cards just fine.

-Chris