[mythtv-users] Proliant server as a backend...

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:50:54 EST 2005

> >Proliant 8500r
> >Quad PIII Xeon 700/2MB CPU's
> >2GB Ram;
> >2 x 1000SX Fiber NIC;
> >1 x Dual 10/100 backup NIC
> >4 x 73GB U160 SCSI drives, RAID (0/1/5);
> >2 x PVR250 PAL Tuners;

4 x 73GB would be 210GB after raid 5 right? That should be good for 100 to
150 hours of recordings. I use a 160GB drive and can store over 100 hours. I
think I have a 2.5M bit rate. Unless you want to archive long term, I
wouldn't worry too much about the posts saying you will need more disk. Set
it up and see how fast you go through it. 73GB scsi drives are not cheap.

Jeff